Spring is finally here! The weather is finally getting warmer, and the trees are turning green again. Here are some of my favorite products for spring:
1. Josie Maran Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil. Oils are taking the beauty world by storm, and Josie Maran’s creamy oil is definitely worth trying. A lifesaver during the winter, this versatile product with ‘infinite’ uses is great for spring, too. Use all over your face for a heavier moisturizer packing in serious glow, or use more sparingly– over dry elbows and heels, to keep brows and baby hairs in place, over dry cuticles, as a highlighter on cheekbones and brow bone, or as a lip balm. The cream formula is much neater than oils, but still has the same effect!
2. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm. These easy to wear balms are perfect for when you’re on the go– without a mirror, you can easily swipe them on. They come in amazing shades from nudes and light pinks to bright oranges and purples. For matte lip products, they aren’t too drying– just swipe a layer of your favorite lip balm on first (whether it’s the Josie Maran infinity cream or your favorite Burt’s Bee’s) and you’re good to go. My favorites are the featured pink Elusive, light orange Mischievous,and nude Complex.
3. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in All Fired Up . This bright orange red color is amazing for spring. Each time you look at your fingers, you’ll be in a good mood! The Sally Hansen formula is easy to apply with an oversized application brush. This bright color only warranted one coat from me, which is always a plus in my book. The polish also dried quickly, and so far hasn’t chipped off my nails (without using a base or top coat!)
4. Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo 2. If you’re looking for a good clarifying shampoo, this one is great. I have lots of thick hair that can get oily easily, and a clarifying shampoo is perfect to get rid of any oil or product buildup. Used once a week, this product will make all the difference. The bottle is huge so will last forever, and it’s bright, lemony scent is sure to wake you up in the morning.
5. Chloé Rose de Chloé. This gorgeous scent is light, girly, and definitely rosy. For all those girls who want a punch of rose, this perfume is for you. If you’re looking for something rosy but not quite as girly, I’d recommend Le Labo Rose 31— while universally worn by girls today, the fragrance was originally designed for men– basically, it’s not as sweet.
6. Urban Outfitters Pastel Hair Chalk in Pretty in Pastels. A fun way to change up your look without getting it cut is to add in some hair chalk! The simple product is sealed in by heat and easily washes out with shampoo at night. Transform a simple look (and be sure to take some photos!) with some awesome hair color. This box came with various blues, purples, pinks and greens. I recommend wetting your hair and the chalk to make application easier and the color brighter.
7. Caldrea Rosewater Driftwood Hand Lotion. This housekeeping brand has the most delicious lotions. I definitely loved the spicier Vanilla Quince Santal (limited edition) for winter, but this Rosewater Driftwood is perfect for spring! In addition to using it on my hands, I use it on my body. The lotion has a gorgeous subtle rose scent, definitely mixed in with a little saltiness from the sea.
8. Dogeared Gold Dipped ‘The Circle’ Necklace. Since purchasing this necklace online a month ago, I’ve been wearing it nonstop. The delicate necklace and pendant goes with any outfit– from formal dresses to simple t-shirts. A perfect necklace to wear alone or layer, I’ve absolutely been loving it this spring.